Today, over 100 advocates are heading to Capitol Hill to speak with their representatives in the House and Senate. They will advocate for increased funding for kidney disease research, government action to help prevent and detect chronic kidney disease in its earliest stages, and protection of living donors.
Here are some of the key stats:
Over 100 advocates
- Advocates travelled from as far away as Alaska and Hawaii
- Advocates include chronic kidney disease patients, transplant recipients, dialysis patients, living donors and family members
- 11,570 steps will be walked by each advocate today (average from last year’s Kidney Patient Summit).
- 172 meetings with House and Senate members and their staff
- 15 U.S. Senators will meet with kidney patients today
- Temperature for March 8, 2016, high of 75 degrees
- 3rd Annual Kidney Patient Summit